Saturday 10 March 2012

Left Leg Pain

He opens the door and starts to walk on the street near the house.
He sees an old lady waves her hands, smiles, and mouths to him. To him?
He even cannot recognize the sound coming from her mouth
He frowns at her with a suspicious gaze (maybe he doesn't know her after all this time he lives in the same street with the old lady)
As he passes the old lady by, he sees the two kids fighting each other (how come these two kids fighting and nobody there who even cares about the poor kids?! they are fighting and they are bleeding!)
It seems that he doesn't care about the kids too, he just glances at them and continues his walk as if nothing happens
He walks and walks and walks and listens to the music through earphones put on since he went out from the house.
realizing that he is on the high street where the luxurious shops and important businesses all over the world (remember, the world!) are there, he stops under the traffic light (yes one of the traffic lights because now he is at intersection where four roads join or cross each other and each has its own traffic light, right?)
He observes the circumstances surrounding him.
The wind blows at his face which makes him probably feel pleasant.
The noises created by the crowd don't make him feel annoyed.
He closes his eyes, he sighs heavily, and hums "Cause it's a bitter sweet symphony this life...
Trying to make ends meet, you're a slave to the money then you die. I'll take you down the only road I've ever been down...You know the one that takes you to the places where all the veins meet, yeah."
He steps out, the first leg used is the left one (why should the left leg be the first?)
He probably doesn't push the button in Pelican to activate the signal of pedestrian to be allowed to cross first. Does he?
So he crosses the road where millions vehicles passing out with such a pleasure
He hums again "No change, I can't change, I can't change, I can't change, but I'm here in my mold, I am here in my mold. But I'm a million different people from one day to the next..."
"I can't change my mold, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NOOOOO!!!" he screams

No comments:

Post a Comment